Problem with SDL Studio 2017 opening Projects - saying Project is open when it isn't
Thread poster: WLS Translation
WLS Translation
WLS Translation
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:24
Dutch to English
+ ...
May 10, 2017

Good morning,

I've been having this problem for a while. I've run an analysis to create a client quote, and when I click Reports, an error occurs which just shows a page of code instead of the file-by-file segment match breakdown (I can'r replicate this code as as soon as I clicked onto Project, the Reports tab has gone). The analysis has completed and I have the XML files saved but I use Reports to save Excel files for my translators to easily see the TM breakdown and scope of the
... See more
Good morning,

I've been having this problem for a while. I've run an analysis to create a client quote, and when I click Reports, an error occurs which just shows a page of code instead of the file-by-file segment match breakdown (I can'r replicate this code as as soon as I clicked onto Project, the Reports tab has gone). The analysis has completed and I have the XML files saved but I use Reports to save Excel files for my translators to easily see the TM breakdown and scope of the project.

So, I've gone to my folder in Windows Explorer and when I try to open the .sdlproj file to access the project again, it tells me 'This project has already been opened in SDL Trados Studio 2017 and added to the project list'. When I check the project list, it's 100% not there and this has happened on previous occasions too.

Can anybody shed any light on how I can gain access to the project and the Reports?

Many thanks in advance,

Claire
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:24
English to Russian
Show all projects May 15, 2017

Hi Claire,

Not sure if this is your case, but just try it:
Check if in 'Projects' view, upper left corner, all 'Status', 'Due date', and 'Type' sections read 'Show all projects'.

[Edited at 2017-05-15 13:26 GMT]

Natalia Montoro (X)

Jeremy Wheeler
Jeremy Wheeler  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:24
German to English
+ ...
m Sep 14, 2018

Dear Stepan,

Your remedy just saved me from going bonkers and it worked. Many. many thanks. Jeremy Wheeler

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with SDL Studio 2017 opening Projects - saying Project is open when it isn't

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »