alessandra bocco
alessandra bocco  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:43
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
May 10, 2017

Hi,
I work with Studio 2015 and I have a problem with the first letter of each segment I translate. Almost every time I type the initial capital letter of a segment, Studio does as if it was a shortcut and opens, according to the letter, the symbol panel, the online guide, or moves to some of the controls on the top toolbar (and of course does not type the letter). It is extremely annoying and I lose a lot of time. I can't understand why this happens, in the list of the shortcuts there are
... See more
Hi,
I work with Studio 2015 and I have a problem with the first letter of each segment I translate. Almost every time I type the initial capital letter of a segment, Studio does as if it was a shortcut and opens, according to the letter, the symbol panel, the online guide, or moves to some of the controls on the top toolbar (and of course does not type the letter). It is extremely annoying and I lose a lot of time. I can't understand why this happens, in the list of the shortcuts there are no capital letters included (they are all preceded by ALT or CTRL).
Did it ever happen to any of you? What can you suggest to solve this issue?
Thanks a lot
Alessandra
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 08:43
French to German
+ ...
Probably a stuck CTRL or ALT key May 10, 2017

Hi Alessandra

I have seen this happening a few times and it affects not only Studio but all applications on the PC. The reason is usually that the CTRL or ALT key is stuck, either physically or softwarewise.
I suggest to try to depress these keys a few times to see if it solves the problem. You may also try the command "Reset window layout". If none of these solve the problem, a reboot of the PC should get rid of this annoying problem.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with first letter of each segment

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »