Studio 2017: accidental and unknown key combination, all segments translated and empty
Thread poster: Anne LJ
Anne LJ
Anne LJ
Local time: 20:46
Spanish to French
+ ...
Apr 20, 2017

Good morning,

This occurs sometimes and it's possible to undo this in case of small files, by selecting the empty segments and changing the segment status.

But my actual file is huge and I would like to know

1) how to avoid this handling error (what is the diabolical combination?)

2) how to come back to the precedent status....

Many thanks in advance

Anne

_stephan
_stephan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Integrated Segment Actions Plugin Apr 20, 2017

Hi Anne,

The only solution I found is via the Integrated Segment Actions plugin:
http://appstore.sdl.com/app/integrated-segment-actions/530/

This lets you select all confirmed empty segments and change their status back to 'not translated' in one go.

I've no idea how this actually happens, but it can be a real pain. I'm not sure, tho
... See more
Hi Anne,

The only solution I found is via the Integrated Segment Actions plugin:
http://appstore.sdl.com/app/integrated-segment-actions/530/

This lets you select all confirmed empty segments and change their status back to 'not translated' in one go.

I've no idea how this actually happens, but it can be a real pain. I'm not sure, though, if it's happened to me since I upgraded to 2017. Might be a bug in earlier versions (?).

Stephan
Collapse

Anne LJ
Anne LJ
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved, but no explanation at the moment... Apr 20, 2017

Many thanks Stephan...

I have installed it, but not yet found! I'm sorry, I have lost so much time before, that I must go on. I will try it later. It seems very interesting.

I have solved it in the following way:

- Display all new translated contents (Review/Segment types)
- All the empty segments are behind one other
- Select up to the last one (Ctrl + Shift + End)
- Place the cursor on the source column
- With right mouse button,
... See more
Many thanks Stephan...

I have installed it, but not yet found! I'm sorry, I have lost so much time before, that I must go on. I will try it later. It seems very interesting.

I have solved it in the following way:

- Display all new translated contents (Review/Segment types)
- All the empty segments are behind one other
- Select up to the last one (Ctrl + Shift + End)
- Place the cursor on the source column
- With right mouse button, choose Change segment status
- Choose Untranslated
- And it works... (counter included)

Have a nice day and thank you very much

Anne
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:46
English to Russian
It happens Apr 20, 2017

when you accidentally select a part of text in a current segment so that your selection also covers the next empty segment. The trick is that it may look so that you don't even see any sign of selection in the next segment as if you select only the text in your current segment (while in fact your selection "protrudes" to the next empty segment). For example, you move your mouse (with left button pressed) so that it crosses two adjacent segments (the one just translated + next empty). That's why ... See more
when you accidentally select a part of text in a current segment so that your selection also covers the next empty segment. The trick is that it may look so that you don't even see any sign of selection in the next segment as if you select only the text in your current segment (while in fact your selection "protrudes" to the next empty segment). For example, you move your mouse (with left button pressed) so that it crosses two adjacent segments (the one just translated + next empty). That's why it may be out of your control.
Make sure that no text is selected before confirming it.

[Edited at 2017-04-20 18:22 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017: accidental and unknown key combination, all segments translated and empty

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »