Ventnai
Ventnai  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:28
German to English
+ ...
Apr 17, 2017

Hi
I am trying to verify files but verficiation takes an age for larger files and sometimes does not even finish. Obviously, I could change the settings but some of my clients actually require a verificiation report. Any ideas?
Thanks

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Exit and open the files again Apr 18, 2017

I have sometimes had this problem. Normally I only work on smaller jobs, and it doesn't matter, but I have noticed that if I have been working on a large file, often with termbase(s) and multiple TMs, the verification goes very slowly.

Save and close everything to do with Studio, exit the program and then try again. In theory I have masses of capacity on my computer, but in practice this often works.

It is quick and painless anyway. Otherwise I hope you find a solution!

Ventnai
Ventnai  Identity Verified
Spain
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 18, 2017

Thanks, Christine. That's my default approach anyway. I have needed to reboot several times, which amounts to the same thing. Thankfully, verification seems to be working right now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Slow verification in Studio 2015

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »