Thread poster: Patrick Porter
RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:21
English
Maybe.. maybe not! Aug 17, 2015

pro-lingua wrote:

Yes, it worked for me perfectly, so it should be working for everyone else, I suppose.

Hi,

If you have Studio 2014 installed then this workaround will "probably" work. If you only have Studio 2015 installed then it "probably" won't because it's built on a new version of dotNet and all apps should be recompiled in addition to being placed in a different location.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
It does work 100% Aug 17, 2015

It works even if you have only Studio 2015 installed, because the installer for Patrick's application creates folders for earlier versions of Studio.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
It's good if it does... Aug 17, 2015

pro-lingua wrote:

It works even if you have only Studio 2015 installed, because the installer for Patrick's application creates folders for earlier versions of Studio.

... but I wonder whether a clean PC with no Studio 2014 or earlier installed would work. It's about the dotNet version and not just the folders.

But great if you're happy to vouch for this for anyone relying on this solution on a new PC.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Patrick Porter
Patrick Porter
United States
Local time: 07:21
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
hopefully very soon the workaround won't be necessary anyway Aug 17, 2015

my schedule is extremely busy right now but I will really try my best to get the official release supporting Studio 2015 to SDL by the end of the week.

Patrick Porter
Patrick Porter
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
2015 version released September 10, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

In case anyone checks this thread, the official build of the new version that supports Studio 2015 was released Sept. 10, 2015.

James Chan
James Chan  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:21
English to Italian
+ ...
Plugin for Studio 2017 Dec 27, 2016

Wonder if there is a plugin for Studio 2017.

Luis Vidal
Luis Vidal  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
English to Spanish
+ ...
Updated MT plugin for Trados 2014 that uses Azure? Feb 26, 2017

Hello,

On the SDL website, I see there is an MT plugin for Trados that lets you use an Azure account instead of DataMarket (which is being phased out soon) for Trados 2015 and later, but I don't see one anywhere for Trados 2014.

Do any of you know where I can get one?

Thanks.

Sam Lombardo
Sam Lombardo
Canada
New version for Trados 2014 and older Jul 7, 2017

lmvidal wrote:

Hello,

On the SDL website, I see there is an MT plugin for Trados that lets you use an Azure account instead of DataMarket (which is being phased out soon) for Trados 2015 and later, but I don't see one anywhere for Trados 2014.

Do any of you know where I can get one?

Thanks.

You can find a new version signed by SDL at: https://github.com/AweSamNet/Sdl-Community-Legacy-Support/tree/legacy_support/MT%20Enhanced%20Provider

Just follow the install instructions and you should be good to go!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio Plugin for Microsoft Translator

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »