Vitals  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 18:44
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
May 17, 2011

Dear all:

I am in front of my deadline and Studio 2009 throws this message in my face:

"Inline tags mismatch detected. Please, run the Tag verification to see details."

How do I run this Tag Verification?

Or where do I turn it off?

Yours,
VS

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 17:44
French to German
+ ...
Hit F8 ... May 17, 2011

... or go to Tools - Verify.

This will check your document for consistency (tag errors) and do all checks configured in the QA checker. You will then find all the errors and warnings in the "Messages" window, so that you can correct them.

Walter

Vitals
Lithuania
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem prevails May 17, 2011

Dear Walter, thank you.

However, when I hit F8 it says there are "no errors", but when I try to Save Target (into xlf format) - it still gives me the same "Inline tags mismatch"...

What should I do???

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Can we see your file? May 17, 2011

Hi Vitals,

If you send me your SDLXLIFF I'd be happy to take a look.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

Vitals
Lithuania
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TO: Paul - SDL Support May 17, 2011

Dear Paul,

Thank you in advance.

VS

[Edited at 2011-05-17 10:40 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Yes... May 17, 2011

... drop me an email and I'll give you an ftp link you can upload it to.

Regards

Paul

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Special character or bad file conversion May 17, 2011

Hi,
I know two scenarios where this once happened here:

First you have to check whether the XLIFF conversion is good or not: copy source in target everywhere in your file and try to export the file.

If it doesn't work (1st scenario), it means that the conversion was not good and you have to call the support to get help. Something could be wrong with the filetype file.

If it works (2nd scenario), it means the error comes from your translation. It can b
... See more
Hi,
I know two scenarios where this once happened here:

First you have to check whether the XLIFF conversion is good or not: copy source in target everywhere in your file and try to export the file.

If it doesn't work (1st scenario), it means that the conversion was not good and you have to call the support to get help. Something could be wrong with the filetype file.

If it works (2nd scenario), it means the error comes from your translation. It can be generated by a special character you used (maybe unintentionally) and which is not allowed by studio to convert your file back: you have to find it (or them!) or you won't be able to finalize your work.

Sébastien
Collapse

marisascopas
marisascopas  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
Tag verification Aug 2, 2013

Hello

I have the same problem (Trados 2011): when trying to save target I get this message "Failed to save content: Missing tag '' in segment 15. Please run Tag Verification to see details."

I selected Tools, verify but nothing changed.

How can I get over this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Marisa

[Edited at 2013-08-02 09:30 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Verification itself doesn't change anything. Aug 2, 2013

Hi Marisa,

Once you run verification it should show you where the missing tag is. In this case it sounds as though it is in segment 15. So now you have to manually correct this. If you don't see any missing tags in this segment then press Ctrl+Shift+H and see if this helps?

If not, then follow the process in this KB to
... See more
Hi Marisa,

Once you run verification it should show you where the missing tag is. In this case it sounds as though it is in segment 15. So now you have to manually correct this. If you don't see any missing tags in this segment then press Ctrl+Shift+H and see if this helps?

If not, then follow the process in this KB to prepare your file again and save the target : http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4731&source=Article&c=12&cid=23

Perhaps this will help?

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Luca Ruella
Luca Ruella  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
I have the same problem. Jan 17, 2014

When I try to export I get messages that some tags are missing, but I run the verification and everything is ok.

What should I do? Can I send you my files, they are very short.

[Edited at 2014-01-17 08:47 GMT]

Kristaps Bakis
Kristaps Bakis
Latvia
English to Latvian
+ ...
Simpliest way to solve this Jul 22, 2014

The translation is in your TM. Just open the source file once more and let Studio fill the segments with translation.

But check all the segments afterwards. Sometimes some of them may be left empty, even though marked as translated.

Kindly,
Kristaps

Thomas Rebotier
Thomas Rebotier  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:44
English to French
No "tag verification" in project settings QA list Oct 13, 2014

The project settings do have a QA category, with many things but nothing about tags... Where do I disable Tag Verification? (Studio 2011)...

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Tag verification options are to be found in the Filetype settings Oct 14, 2014

Thomas

The options for tag verification can be found in the "filetype" settings in your project settings. Go to the filetype that corresponds to the format of your document.
There is a separate section for Tag verification.

Walter

Natalia Starostina
Natalia Starostina  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Russian
+ ...
Need help with tag verification Dec 9, 2015

Dear all,

I have a macro-enabled Word 2007 file, apox. 20K words. When I try to do "Save as" o "Create target translation" I have the following error:
ErrorMessage>Failed to save target content: Extra bookmarkstart id="463" name="_Toc364111881", ecc. ,,,,,,,,,,,, tag within the segment 2920. Please run the Tag Verification to see details.

I run the Verify function but the error remains. I tried to recreate the bilingual file, but it didn't help, the problem remain
... See more
Dear all,

I have a macro-enabled Word 2007 file, apox. 20K words. When I try to do "Save as" o "Create target translation" I have the following error:
ErrorMessage>Failed to save target content: Extra bookmarkstart id="463" name="_Toc364111881", ecc. ,,,,,,,,,,,, tag within the segment 2920. Please run the Tag Verification to see details.

I run the Verify function but the error remains. I tried to recreate the bilingual file, but it didn't help, the problem remains and I can not pull out the target file.
What else can I try?
Thank you for any ideas....
Collapse

Noura Tawil
Noura Tawil  Identity Verified
Syria
Local time: 19:44
Member (2013)
English to Arabic
I'm facing the exact same problem as Natalia Jan 20, 2016

and I did disable tag verification for my file's type. Still getting error messages that prevent generating target translations.
... Any solution?

[Edited at 2016-01-20 11:40 GMT]

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need urgent help: Tag Verification??

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »