Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:38
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
There are two sets of strings, I think Aug 9, 2016

esperantisto wrote:

With the new forum look, localization strings of the main menu of Proz are lost. I upload two files here: proz_menu_main.png showing how the menu looks from the main page (they are in Belarusian, OK) and proz_menu_forum.png showing how the menu looks from this forum page (the strings are in English). Why does the main menu in forums not inherit localization strings from the main page?
proz_menu_main
proz_menu_forum

[Edited at 2016-08-08 08:08 GMT]

I think the main menu does not inherit anything, in fact there are two independent sets of UI strings. The Forums are being "optimized" for mobile users. This is why the entire menu bar is different, and the contents of the "Member Activities" menu is not the same when you go into the Forum area vs. when you are in any other area of the site. My guess is that the developers took the string set from the English page on a certain day, and started working with that. In the meantime, however, an additional menu item was added to the "Members Activities" menu, but due to lack of coordination, it does not appear in the menu that is shown when you are in the Forum area. Check and compare.

[Edited at 2016-08-09 01:03 GMT]

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:38
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Android Aug 9, 2016

Thanks to all the Androiders for acting as guinea pigs. When the iOS version is released, hopefully the glitches will all be gone !

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 19:38
Switching from the non-responsive site to the responsive site – and back Aug 9, 2016

So, with this URL I can switch to the non-responsive site:

http://www.proz.com/?use_responsive_design=no

But how to switch back to the responsive site?

http://www.proz.com/?use_responsive_design=yes

doesn't do the trick.

BTW: You can also switch via:

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 11.35.16

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 19:38
Can we have the image uploader for the Profile pages too, please? Aug 9, 2016

Hello Proz Staff,

Can we have the brand new image uploader for the Profile pages too, please?

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 11.39.45

..... (X)
..... (X)
Local time: 02:38
Updates Aug 9, 2016

@esperantisto - the top navigation header and the bottom footer are now localized.

@CafeTran Training - I added the image uploader to the profile About Me edit page.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Optimizing the ProZ.com website for mobile devices

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »