Thread poster: BashirAhmad89
BashirAhmad89
BashirAhmad89
Afghanistan
English to Dari
+ ...
Jun 12, 2016

Hi,

I have noticed some AUSIT Code of Ethics questions but could not figure out a proper answer for them. I would appreciate if anyone could provide me with some answers. The questions are:

1. You accept an assignment to translate school reports for a young Persian-speaking high school girl. The assignment looks straightforward until you discover mixed up among these school reports, are some confidential documents dealing with a matter of sexual harassment of which the
... See more
Hi,

I have noticed some AUSIT Code of Ethics questions but could not figure out a proper answer for them. I would appreciate if anyone could provide me with some answers. The questions are:

1. You accept an assignment to translate school reports for a young Persian-speaking high school girl. The assignment looks straightforward until you discover mixed up among these school reports, are some confidential documents dealing with a matter of sexual harassment of which the young girl has been a victim. The matter is further complicated because the alleged offender, a male school teacher, is well known to you. Explain what you would do and why?

Is mentioning only Professional Conduct for the conflict of interest and Impartiality enough for this?

2. As a professional, do you know your limitations? How would you express them to others without feeling, or being made to feel, inadequate?

Is it related to Professional Conduct and Clarity of Role Boundaries? but how can I express them?

Regards,
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Questions on NAATI Code of Ethics

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »