Thread poster: Linda Houd
Linda Houd
Linda Houd  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:10
English to French
+ ...
Jan 29, 2017

Dear all,

I've been using the Proz invoicing tool so far, but one of my client is asking me to issue an invoice gathering multiple POs/jobs and I can't find a way of doing this with Proz nvoicing tool (if you know a way of doing it, I'd be happy to hear about it).
So I thought it was a good time to try a new invoicing tool and I was tempted by TO300. I went on what I think is the official website, clicked the link to download the free trial version. The link was broken. I cont
... See more
Dear all,

I've been using the Proz invoicing tool so far, but one of my client is asking me to issue an invoice gathering multiple POs/jobs and I can't find a way of doing this with Proz nvoicing tool (if you know a way of doing it, I'd be happy to hear about it).
So I thought it was a good time to try a new invoicing tool and I was tempted by TO300. I went on what I think is the official website, clicked the link to download the free trial version. The link was broken. I contacted their customer support service, and got -as advertised- a reply in less than 24hours with a new link to follow. When I download the exe file though, my antivirus flags it as "malicious".
Anyone has experienced the same problem?
I'm just looking for a user-friendly invoicing tool that would allow me to track my invoices per client, and to issue invoices with the ability of gathering multiple POs on the same invoice. Would you have any tip or recommendation?
Thanks a lot!
Collapse

Anton Konashenok
Anton Konashenok  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 20:10
French to English
+ ...
MS Excel Jan 29, 2017

I do such things in Microsoft Excel. It used to be just a plain spreadsheet, then I automated it a bit: a single XLSX file contains an invoice template, a list of clients with their particulars and payment terms, and the entire invoice stream (one per worksheet). Upon adding a new sheet, it is automacitally populated from template using a small embedded routine in Visual Basic. Clients can be selected from a drop-down list and the pertinent fields are filled in automatically. There is also some ... See more
I do such things in Microsoft Excel. It used to be just a plain spreadsheet, then I automated it a bit: a single XLSX file contains an invoice template, a list of clients with their particulars and payment terms, and the entire invoice stream (one per worksheet). Upon adding a new sheet, it is automacitally populated from template using a small embedded routine in Visual Basic. Clients can be selected from a drop-down list and the pertinent fields are filled in automatically. There is also some more Visual Basic for checking data consistency, flagging overdue invoices, etc., but it's only a few dozen lines of code altogether. It's not yet a product ready for IT-naive users, but I can be persuaded to bring it reasonably close to that level. Alternatively, if you are sufficiently skilled to adapt it to your needs yourself, I can share it right away.Collapse

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
Most probably 'False positive' Jan 29, 2017

Refer to the vendor about the issue and check via other AV or dedicated services as virustotal.com

ahartje
ahartje
Portugal
Member (2006)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Is not working anymore Jan 29, 2017

I do have the same problem. I used TO3000 for a while, more or less satisfied.
After the last automatic update made by Windows, nothing is working anymore.

I contacted the support, but at the same time noticed that I could not download
any version of TO3000, because:
- my antivirus flagged it as potencial malicious and
- Chrome did/does not allow its installation.

Shutting off both protections leads me to an exe-file, which results in a registrat
... See more
I do have the same problem. I used TO3000 for a while, more or less satisfied.
After the last automatic update made by Windows, nothing is working anymore.

I contacted the support, but at the same time noticed that I could not download
any version of TO3000, because:
- my antivirus flagged it as potencial malicious and
- Chrome did/does not allow its installation.

Shutting off both protections leads me to an exe-file, which results in a registration
mask, where I can register, but then get an info, that my database does not match
my licence.

Back and forth, it is now 2 weeks and the support of TO3000 is not able to solve
the problem. They asked me to send my database...no way I will do that.

Everything is very disappointing and I am giving up, searching now for another
managing tool.
Collapse

Linda Houd
Linda Houd  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks for your help Feb 7, 2017

@Ahartje:
I see, that's a shame. That explains everything. I'll just use Excel until I find a better solution then...

@Anton:
Thanks for offering your newly created tool! I'm afraid I'm not code-savvy enough to be able to use/adapt it though.

Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 21:10
German to English
+ ...
Click on "Add a new line" Feb 8, 2017

Liny wrote:

Dear all,

So I thought it was a good time to try a new invoicing tool and I was tempted by TO300. I went on what I think is the official website, clicked the link to download the free trial version. The link was broken. I contacted their customer support service, and got -as advertised- a reply in less than 24hours with a new link to follow. When I download the exe file though, my antivirus flags it as "malicious".
Anyone has experienced the same problem?
I'm just looking for a user-friendly invoicing tool that would allow me to track my invoices per client, and to issue invoices with the ability of gathering multiple POs on the same invoice. Would you have any tip or recommendation?
Thanks a lot!

in Proz invoicing tool and you'll be able to add umpteen various POs and jobs (a new line for each one). No need to install various questionable programs.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free trial version of TO3000 flagged as "malicious" during download

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »