panchoromero
panchoromero
Local time: 11:38
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 23, 2017

Hello,
Please help
I'm an old school translator and I am new to programs like this one. So here's my (probably dumb) question: I've been given an editing job and I'm asked to provide "Word files and either unclean files or a TMX export." I've been provided with a folder of "source files and tm," a folder of "unclean files" and a bunch of final target language word documents. So, I've now opened one of the unclean files
... See more
Hello,
Please help
I'm an old school translator and I am new to programs like this one. So here's my (probably dumb) question: I've been given an editing job and I'm asked to provide "Word files and either unclean files or a TMX export." I've been provided with a folder of "source files and tm," a folder of "unclean files" and a bunch of final target language word documents. So, I've now opened one of the unclean files in memsource and either fixed or approved of all the lines of translation. At this point, how do I proceed? Or, did I go wrong somewhere earlier? Can someone please help a newbie figure out how to provide what is being asked of me???
Thank you in advance,
Chris
Collapse

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 23:38
Chinese to English
+ ...
Use the general forum Jun 23, 2017

Memsource is not MemoQ.

panchoromero
panchoromero
Local time: 11:38
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Forum topic issue Jun 23, 2017

I believe that I had originally put this in the general forum, but it was moved here by a moderator.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Newbie having trouble with Memsource

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »