Thread poster: David Sch
David Sch
David Sch
Ecuador
Local time: 19:00
Dutch to German
Feb 20, 2017

Dear friends,

In Microsoft Word, there is a useful shortcut to bring the cursor back to the last editing point: Shift-F5. For example: you work in the middle of a document. Then you look up something some pages above. To get back to your working position, you simply press Shift-F5.

Is there something similar in MemoQ?

Thanks,
David

Anthony Green
Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:00
Italian to English
+ ...
Ctrl-Z to remove filter Feb 21, 2017

David if I am in a filtered view I use Ctrl-Z to return to a previous perhaps unfiltered view and find this works very well. Unless of course in the meantime I have done an amount of unsaved translation in which case I remove the filter and sort by Last changed (newer first) which also works very nicely

David Sch
David Sch
Ecuador
Dutch to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 21, 2017

Thanks, this is a possibility. But is there no simple way to just go to the next untranslated segment, without changing the view?

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:00
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
"Go to next" Feb 21, 2017

memoQ implements this idea of where you should go next to continue translating. If you are translating, it could be the next empty or non-confirmed segment; if reviewing, the next unreviewed segment. You can go wherever you need to in the translation grid and, when you are ready to continue working where you had left it, simply press Ctrl+G to go to the next actionable segment.

This is called "Go to next", and its default shortcut is Ctrl+G. You can easily configure what should be y
... See more
memoQ implements this idea of where you should go next to continue translating. If you are translating, it could be the next empty or non-confirmed segment; if reviewing, the next unreviewed segment. You can go wherever you need to in the translation grid and, when you are ready to continue working where you had left it, simply press Ctrl+G to go to the next actionable segment.

This is called "Go to next", and its default shortcut is Ctrl+G. You can easily configure what should be your next segment with a dialog box you can open with Ctrl+Shift+G. Play a bit with it and check the online help, and you will master it quickly enough.

I hope this helps a bit!
Collapse

David Sch
David Sch
Ecuador
Dutch to German
TOPIC STARTER
This help a lot Feb 21, 2017

Fantastic, this is, what I was looking for. Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Shortcut "Return to last editing point"

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »