Segmenting after Tabs
Thread poster: alainabran
alainabran
alainabran
Local time: 07:08
Spanish to English
Feb 16, 2017

Hi all,
I am trying to add a segmentation rule to memoQ to segment after tabs. I've tried adding "Tab." to the Simple view. I've tried adding both "Tab." and "\t" to the custom list for #end#. Neither worked. How would I write a regular expression to segment after tabs, or is there another method I can try to get memoQ to segment after tabs?
Thank you,
Alaina

Enote
Enote  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:08
English to Russian
It was impossible Feb 16, 2017

A couple years ago I asked MemoQ support team, how can I segment the text by tabs. Unfortunately the answer was "it's impossible". So I use Ctrl-T instead...

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:08
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I think it should be relatively simple Feb 16, 2017

Have a look at this: http://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/298937-inline_tag_for_segmentation.html

… where Stepan Konev says:

If not, then try Document import settings.
'Import with options' -> select 'MS Word 2007+' -> 'Change filter and configuration' -> General tab -> Special characters section -> Soft break... See more
Have a look at this: http://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/298937-inline_tag_for_segmentation.html

… where Stepan Konev says:

If not, then try Document import settings.
'Import with options' -> select 'MS Word 2007+' -> 'Change filter and configuration' -> General tab -> Special characters section -> Soft break -> choose what fits best for you.
*The same applies to Tabs. If you still see (but do not want to see) tab tags in your Editor, then select 'Start new segment' for Tab.
** You can save this configuration to avoid defining it each time. Next time you 'Import with options', just select the as-saved configuration from 'Configuration' drop-down list (instead of 'default [read-only]')

http://kilgray.com/memoq/2015/help-en/index.html?microsoft_office_word_2007_doc.html

Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:08
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
instructions Feb 16, 2017

Basically, import a doc with" Import with options". Then click on "Change filter and configuration", and switch "Tab" to "Start new segment":

segment-on-tabs-in-memoQ

Stefan Budrich

alainabran
alainabran
Local time: 07:08
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the suggestions! Feb 16, 2017

Thank you!

[Edited at 2017-02-16 20:06 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segmenting after Tabs

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »