Thread poster: François Marcoux
François Marcoux
François Marcoux
Canada
Local time: 06:57
French to English
+ ...
Jan 24, 2017

Hi. After having to do a reinstall of Windows 10 (apparently after a Windows upgrade), I have reinstalled MemoQ 2015 and have restored my Memoq projects that I had backup on an external hard drive (manually and with File History), but cannot find the associated TMs to those projects. The TM ribbon is empty for any given project.
I have tried using the Import From TMX/CSV button, but there doesn't seem to be any TM in the back-up memoq project files. I assume they are somewhere, but how do
... See more
Hi. After having to do a reinstall of Windows 10 (apparently after a Windows upgrade), I have reinstalled MemoQ 2015 and have restored my Memoq projects that I had backup on an external hard drive (manually and with File History), but cannot find the associated TMs to those projects. The TM ribbon is empty for any given project.
I have tried using the Import From TMX/CSV button, but there doesn't seem to be any TM in the back-up memoq project files. I assume they are somewhere, but how do I get to them? any help is greatly appreciated.
Collapse

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 13:57
German to Turkish
+ ...
Run a search on Windows? Jan 24, 2017

I couldn't find the file extension for memoQ translation memories. But I guess that you can search for files having this extension using the search box in the start menu of windows. Then you can extract the path for these files.

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:57
English to Polish
+ ...
11th commandment Jan 25, 2017

François Marcoux wrote:

I have tried using the Import From TMX/CSV button, but there doesn't seem to be any TM in the back-up memoq project files. I assume they are somewhere, but how do I get to them? any help is greatly appreciated.

11. Thou shalt make backup copies of thine translation memories in TMX format and upload them to the cloud.
Thou canst indeed re-create thine translation memories from project files, but pain shalt thou suffer in the process...

François Marcoux
François Marcoux
Canada
Local time: 06:57
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TMX files found Jan 25, 2017

Thank you Elif for your search reminder. I found the TMX files on my backup external hard drive in a different place than the memoq project files. I am now importing those files back into memoQ, however, the import function says the import wwas performed successfully, but I can't see it in the translation memories pane. Something else to try to figure out today

Thank you Piotr for that crucial reminder to make backup
... See more
Thank you Elif for your search reminder. I found the TMX files on my backup external hard drive in a different place than the memoq project files. I am now importing those files back into memoQ, however, the import function says the import wwas performed successfully, but I can't see it in the translation memories pane. Something else to try to figure out today

Thank you Piotr for that crucial reminder to make backup files, which I did, but just couldn't find them or import them properly.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

After a Windows 10 reinstall, I can find my backup projects, but not the TMs

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »