MatchPatch and LSC fragments?
Thread poster: davidsalt
davidsalt
davidsalt
United Kingdom
Jan 24, 2017

I'm using the latest memoQ 2015 (trial), and MatchPatch is looking great - but how do I get it to use LSC fragments? I've checked the box as shown at http://kilgray.com/memoq/2015-100/help-en/index.html?hit_list_filter_settings_dialog.html , but it doesn't seem to be working. For instance, if I have TM content like this ...

Source: gre
... See more
I'm using the latest memoQ 2015 (trial), and MatchPatch is looking great - but how do I get it to use LSC fragments? I've checked the box as shown at http://kilgray.com/memoq/2015-100/help-en/index.html?hit_list_filter_settings_dialog.html , but it doesn't seem to be working. For instance, if I have TM content like this ...

Source: green
Target: vert
Source: blue
Target: bleu
Source: I have a blue book
Target: J’ai un livre blue

… and given a document segment like this …

Source: I have a green book

… I’d expect memoQ to repair the match to “J’ai un livre vert”. But it doesn’t (although it does show the LSC match for 'green/vert') … it only seems to do so if I put green/vert and blue/bleu in a termbase. This kind of thing would be really helpful for me; can anyone tell me how to get it to work?

Thanks for any pointers

David
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:47
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Only if you add them as termbase entries Jan 25, 2017

Also in my case, I could not manage to make MatchPatch to work with LSCs only, and had to create termbase entries for the items to be replaced and those which replace them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MatchPatch and LSC fragments?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »