Community Interpreting level 3 course for Cantonese
Thread poster: Lingo14
Lingo14
Lingo14
United Kingdom
Feb 21, 2017

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a Community Interpreting Course for Cantonese?

I was born in Hong-Kong and moved to the UK when I was 7 years old. I have always spoken Cantonese to my parents since they don't speak English and have translated for them at supermarkets, doctors, solicitors, accountants so I would say I know quite a few 'community terms' already. The downside is that my written Cantonese is very poor since I only went to Chinese school for a few yea
... See more
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a Community Interpreting Course for Cantonese?

I was born in Hong-Kong and moved to the UK when I was 7 years old. I have always spoken Cantonese to my parents since they don't speak English and have translated for them at supermarkets, doctors, solicitors, accountants so I would say I know quite a few 'community terms' already. The downside is that my written Cantonese is very poor since I only went to Chinese school for a few years. However, my spoken Cantonese and English is very good.

I would like to go into interpreting and was wondering what standard do I need to be at in order to work in this environment? I have found from this forum that there is a CIC Level 3 qualification that you can study for, but I can't seem to find one for Cantonese!

Any advice/help will be appreciated!

Ling.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Community Interpreting level 3 course for Cantonese

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »