JanGoh
JanGoh
Finland
Local time: 00:37
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 26, 2016

Dear all,

I am based in Finland and have been contacted for an interpreting assignment for English to Mandarin but as a novice in this field, I am unsure of how to price my services. I have been told that I would have to only do basic translation (aka no need for special technical terms) for 1-3 days at a neighbouring city from where I live. Does anyone have any advice on what price I should quote them? Thank you!

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 04:37
English to Thai
+ ...
Novice challenge Sep 27, 2016

JanGoh wrote:

I am based in Finland and have been contacted for an interpreting assignment for English to Mandarin but as a novice in this field, I am unsure of how to price my services. I have been told that I would have to only do basic translation (aka no need for special technical terms) for 1-3 days at a neighbouring city from where I live. Does anyone have any advice on what price I should quote them? Thank you!

For a novice, I advise you to quote the reasonable rate for this interpretation. You will have successive opportunities to get better and better jobs later with good previous job records.

Soonthon L.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpreting Pricing

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »