Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Is it difficult to pass the NAATI test in Australia???
Thread poster: Julia27
Julia27
Julia27
Russian to English
Feb 4, 2009

Hi!

I want to apply for my accreditation as a professional interpreter (Russian-English-Russian) in Australia. I would be grateful if somebody, who has already passed the NAATI test, could advise me how difficult it was to pass it. Do the dialogs or other audio materials contain a lot of special terms (medical or legal or banking)? Was there any difficult Australian accent? Is it worth to get supplementary Ethics and what it is?

I would be grateful for any advice.
... See more
Hi!

I want to apply for my accreditation as a professional interpreter (Russian-English-Russian) in Australia. I would be grateful if somebody, who has already passed the NAATI test, could advise me how difficult it was to pass it. Do the dialogs or other audio materials contain a lot of special terms (medical or legal or banking)? Was there any difficult Australian accent? Is it worth to get supplementary Ethics and what it is?

I would be grateful for any advice.

Julia

[Edited at 2009-02-05 02:57 GMT]
Collapse

Michael Sloggett
Michael Sloggett  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 17:42
Thai to English
Suggest getting a sample exam pack Feb 10, 2009

It might be best for you to buy a pack containing sample dialogs and ethics questions. There is also a booklet explaining the Code of Ethics with sample questions. Yes, you will need to study it.

Best of luck.

Julia27
Julia27
Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Michael! Feb 11, 2009

Michael, thanks for your reply. I've actually ordered a sample test kit and the Code of Ethics this morning

Best regards, Julia

chica nueva
chica nueva
Local time: 19:42
Chinese to English
To help you prepare - Naati offers workshops; must have Bachelors degree or equivalent Feb 17, 2009

Julia, you haven't asked for advice and I am not an interpreter, but anyhow some suggestions:

1 Join AUSIT as an affiliate-member, or see if you can go along to a meeting as a visitor, and ask the interpreter members there. That's what I did.

2 Naati offers workshops to help candidates prepare.
http://www.naati.com.au/tw-index.html

[For the Translator t
... See more
Julia, you haven't asked for advice and I am not an interpreter, but anyhow some suggestions:

1 Join AUSIT as an affiliate-member, or see if you can go along to a meeting as a visitor, and ask the interpreter members there. That's what I did.

2 Naati offers workshops to help candidates prepare.
http://www.naati.com.au/tw-index.html

[For the Translator tests, I read in a booklet somewhere written a few years back, quite a lot of candidates fail.

I failed the Translator test first time, and passed on the second (due to difficulty with complex characters). You won't have that problem with interpreting ... but the accents might be different. ]

3 If there is a Liaison Interpreting course in your city or similar, you may be able to arrange to get access to training tapes (or whatever they have) and a language lab to help you to prepare.

4 Some of the TAFEs offer short Naati preparation courses. http://www.ausit.org/pics/TrainingUldis.pdf

5 Ask at one of the recognised training institutions.
http://www.naati.com.au/at-approvedcourses.html

6 Ring a translator/interpreting agency and ask about it.

7 One thing to watch is timing - check the details. They may only test once a year, and it takes some toing and froing to get through the paperwork before you are allowed to sit. Special sittings can be arranged.

8 The other thing to watch is academic level. You generally need to have a bachelor's degree or equivalent to be allowed to sit at Professional level. The requirements are lower for Paraprofessional.

Lesley

[Edited at 2009-02-17 09:57 GMT]
Collapse

stirlinghill
stirlinghill
Local time: 14:42
Which is easier -- Interpreting or translating? May 16, 2009

Hi,

Am keen to sit for the NAATI for migration purposes. Language from Chinese to English. Can anyone advise which is easier interpreting or translating?

Thanks
Stirlinghill

hi Aug 10, 2009

this is my first time in this forum
I need help
i have booked for the exam on the 19th of august 2009 ,
i was not aware of the code of ethics ,which i see from all of your answers that it is important for the trest
time available for me to take buy those samples is very little as i am not living in australia
can anyone help me by sending me those samples on my email ?
and i can pay for it
i know i ask for a lot
but
I need help
... See more
this is my first time in this forum
I need help
i have booked for the exam on the 19th of august 2009 ,
i was not aware of the code of ethics ,which i see from all of your answers that it is important for the trest
time available for me to take buy those samples is very little as i am not living in australia
can anyone help me by sending me those samples on my email ?
and i can pay for it
i know i ask for a lot
but
I need help
my email
[email protected]
[email protected]
Collapse

yogendra25
yogendra25
Local time: 12:12
Plz help!!!!!!!! Nov 3, 2011

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone please send me a sample kit of parra professional interpreter of NAATI (Hindi to English) ,as i could not afford to buy it.So it would be great and so helpful if u can send it to my email:- [email protected]

Thanks,
Yogendra.

i want to sit for a NAATI professional test Dec 6, 2012

hi, i want to prepare NAATI professional test, but i cannot afford to buy the preparation kit, if anybody who wish to sit for the test as well can share the cost with me? please contact me on [email protected]. thanks.

Need help for NATTI test Jan 29, 2013

Hi,

I would like to apply for NATTI Interpretation accreditation Persian-English. Is there anybody who can give me some advice? How difficult is it to pass the test?

I would appreciate it if someone can send sample material and dialogues to my email address: [email protected].

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Mary

[Edited at 2013-01-29 07:27 GMT]

[Edited at 2013
... See more
Hi,

I would like to apply for NATTI Interpretation accreditation Persian-English. Is there anybody who can give me some advice? How difficult is it to pass the test?

I would appreciate it if someone can send sample material and dialogues to my email address: [email protected].

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Mary

[Edited at 2013-01-29 07:27 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-01-29 08:26 GMT]
Collapse

Need assistance with NAATI exam Feb 5, 2013

Hi Everyone !!

I am planning to sit NAATI accredition test for Migration Purpose. Could any one be able to send me the sample test kit.

Or Can anyone here suggest me, how hard test is ? how many hours of study is required.

Is preparation necessary?

my email address is [email protected]

Many Thanks In a advance !!

reply on this will be
... See more
Hi Everyone !!

I am planning to sit NAATI accredition test for Migration Purpose. Could any one be able to send me the sample test kit.

Or Can anyone here suggest me, how hard test is ? how many hours of study is required.

Is preparation necessary?

my email address is [email protected]

Many Thanks In a advance !!

reply on this will be appreciated
Collapse

isachan319
isachan319
Australia
English to Chinese
Wanted:NAATI professional translation and interpretation exam kit (chi & eng) May 11, 2013

hi folks,

would look for the following exam kit:
NAATI professional translation exam kit (chinese english)
NAATI professional interpretation exam kit (mandarin and cantonese)

if you have items to offer, pls email me at [email protected]
pls kindly tell me
1) your offer price and
2) the condition of the items. (e.g. 80% new)
3) which year of the exam kit (e.g. 20
... See more
hi folks,

would look for the following exam kit:
NAATI professional translation exam kit (chinese english)
NAATI professional interpretation exam kit (mandarin and cantonese)

if you have items to offer, pls email me at [email protected]
pls kindly tell me
1) your offer price and
2) the condition of the items. (e.g. 80% new)
3) which year of the exam kit (e.g. 2012 version)

cheers mate,
isabel
Collapse

Nod
Nod
Japanese to Russian
+ ...
Russian-English Interpreter Sample Kit May 24, 2013

I am thinking to sit NAATI acceditation test for Interpreters.
Would you please share sample kit for Russian language.
With a lot of gratitude and appreciation in advance.
[email protected]

ADacu
ADacu
Australia
Local time: 17:42
Urdu to English
Naati Exam Prepaartion Urdu-English Oct 16, 2013

HI, Im intending to sit the Naati Interpreter or translator tests.
I have two queries:

First, could anyone guide me in understanding the role of a paraprofessional interpreter and a professional interpreter in Australia i.e. what job do each do.

Second, Ive seen the workshop details to prepare for the NAATI tests but am late for these and am also finding it dear/expensive.
I intend to order the test preparation kits but need some resources as well.
I
... See more
HI, Im intending to sit the Naati Interpreter or translator tests.
I have two queries:

First, could anyone guide me in understanding the role of a paraprofessional interpreter and a professional interpreter in Australia i.e. what job do each do.

Second, Ive seen the workshop details to prepare for the NAATI tests but am late for these and am also finding it dear/expensive.
I intend to order the test preparation kits but need some resources as well.
Is there anybody who could forward some resource samples.
Aal
Collapse

kapuriasonu
kapuriasonu
Australia
naati sample kit hindi-english Nov 21, 2013

Hi , i am in dire need of naati hindi -english sample kit for paraprofessional interpreter level. The one i placed order for is lost in the mail. Neither the post office nor the Naati people take the responsibility of the same. Lost is lost. It is so unfortunate. i have lodged complaints with post office as well as naati. Investigations may take another month. I do not want to wait that long as my time is precious. Can someone please help me by s... See more
Hi , i am in dire need of naati hindi -english sample kit for paraprofessional interpreter level. The one i placed order for is lost in the mail. Neither the post office nor the Naati people take the responsibility of the same. Lost is lost. It is so unfortunate. i have lodged complaints with post office as well as naati. Investigations may take another month. I do not want to wait that long as my time is precious. Can someone please help me by sending the related material? My email is [email protected]. Please include offer price if you are interested in selling it.

Thanks
Collapse

marieeee
marieeee
Iran
Need help for NATTI test Dec 22 Dec 22, 2013

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Mary

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it difficult to pass the NAATI test in Australia???

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »