DVX wishlists merged together.
Thread poster: Atril_TEAM
Atril_TEAM
Atril_TEAM
France
Local time: 21:09
Jun 6, 2017

I am happy to inform that Atril has finally merged the wishlist of previously collected recommendations and suggestions, sent by the users over the years with the one created within the last month on the UserVoice platform. The previous suggestions were also migrated to the UserVoice platform and together they amount to over 120 ideas you can browse and vote on: https://goo.gl/s9KggZ

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:09
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Thanks, that's great news! Jun 7, 2017

Atril_TEAM wrote:

I am happy to inform that Atril has finally merged the wishlist of previously collected recommendations and suggestions, sent by the users over the years with the one created within the last month on the UserVoice platform. The previous suggestions were also migrated to the UserVoice platform and together they amount to over 120 ideas you can browse and vote on: https://goo.gl/s9KggZ

I'm very happy that Atril seems to be paying so much attention to us users (again)!

Michael

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Wish list items that where added to Déjà Vu? Jun 7, 2017

Atril_TEAM wrote:

I am happy to inform that Atril has finally merged the wishlist of previously collected recommendations and suggestions

Is there also a list of wish list items that have been added to the software, over the last couple of years? And for those items that weren't added, did Atril give any arguments (like technical impossibility, too specific, too small platform etc.).

In other words: is this new wish list a one-way street?

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Don't see much sense in it Jun 7, 2017

I'm not sure if it's really necessary to create any more lists. Atril may respond to some of the requests on the website, stating if they are viable or not, but it's up to them.
They are now focusing on the new version, so why would they dedicate their resources to create yet another list?

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Currently under development Jun 8, 2017

Wojciech_ wrote:

I'm not sure if it's really necessary to create any more lists. Atril may respond to some of the requests on the website, stating if they are viable or not, but it's up to them.
They are now focusing on the new version, so why would they dedicate their resources to create yet another list?

What you write, is understandable. It would be sufficient if a label like "Currently under development" would be added where applicable. So that an interested outsider (like myself) can see at one glance what the upcoming version is likely to bring. That is, if Atril would be willing to give such possibly strategic information away.

I guess that what I'm trying to say here is that (like paper) a wish list can be very patient (and non-commital).

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Agree Jun 9, 2017

CafeTran Training wrote:

Wojciech_ wrote:

What you write, is understandable. It would be sufficient if a label like "Currently under development" would be added where applicable. So that an interested outsider (like myself) can see at one glance what the upcoming version is likely to bring. That is, if Atril would be willing to give such possibly strategic information away.

I guess that what I'm trying to say here is that (like paper) a wish list can be very patient (and non-commital).

I think most developers don't want to give bounding promises. I'm not a part of the industry, but I can understand the reasons. i know that SDL on their "ideas" page uses a form of interaction with users who come up with new enhancements ("Under development", "Idea partially delivered etc."), but in most cases their reply is "Under community review", which seems to be a politically correct version of "we're not considering it, but who knows what future will bring".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DVX wishlists merged together.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »