Bulgaria
Local time: 10:12
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Apr 22, 2015

Dear All,

1. I am working on a very big and (naturally) urgent project, consisting of several very big .docx Word 2007 files, heavily formatted and full of tables and graphics.
I have tried exporting one of the biggest files in the batch several times now, but Deja Vu x3 Pro crashes every time.

Here is the error report:

Error signature
Name: Engine
Version: 9.0.723
Number: 91
Error: Object variable or With block variable not se
... See more
Dear All,

1. I am working on a very big and (naturally) urgent project, consisting of several very big .docx Word 2007 files, heavily formatted and full of tables and graphics.
I have tried exporting one of the biggest files in the batch several times now, but Deja Vu x3 Pro crashes every time.

Error signature
Error: Object variable or With block variable not set
Module: AsposeWordFilter
Procedure: ReconstructParagraphRecursive
Line: 2420

2. When I open the original file in Word 2007 and perform "Check All Objects" from the Dejavu X3 add-on, it reports that:

The current document contains:
Total embedded objects: 7
Legacy Office 2003 objects: 0
Office 2007-2013 objects: 0
Non-processable embedded objects: 7
The workbook contains at least one embedded object that cannot be converted or processed by Deja Vu X3.

3. Should those embedded objects be deleted/edited before the file is imported into Deja Vu X3? How can they be located in the first place?

Please, help!

[Edited at 2015-04-22 12:42 GMT]
Collapse

Atril_TEAM
Atril_TEAM
France
Local time: 09:12
Import it using MS Office 2007/2010 filter Apr 22, 2015

Pavel Tsvetkov wrote:

Dear All,

I am working on a very big and (naturally) urgent project, consisting of several very big .docx Word 2007 files, heavily formatted and full of tables and graphics.

Error signature
Error: Object variable or With block variable not set
Module: AsposeWordFilter
Procedure: ReconstructParagraphRecursive
Line: 2420

Please, help!

Hello Pavel,

Can you please:

- Import this file using MS Office 2007/2010 filter? (From the project explorer, right click on the file > Properties, and chose the previous filter)
- Send this file to [email protected] in order for us to investigate?

Thank you,
Atril Team

[Edited at 2015-04-22 12:46 GMT]

Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
. Apr 22, 2015

Dear Atril Support,

1. Thank you for your reply.
2. I have added further information to my initial post – please, check and let me know if this gives you a better idea of the problem.
3. Unfortunately, when I right click on the file > Properties, no window or menu opens, so I am not able to change the filter.
4. I also tried manually looking for and deleting all embedded objects in Word, then re-importing, pretranslating and manually editing the file, but when I
... See more
Dear Atril Support,

1. Thank you for your reply.
2. I have added further information to my initial post – please, check and let me know if this gives you a better idea of the problem.
3. Unfortunately, when I right click on the file > Properties, no window or menu opens, so I am not able to change the filter.
4. I also tried manually looking for and deleting all embedded objects in Word, then re-importing, pretranslating and manually editing the file, but when I exported it Deja vu X3 Pro crashed again.
5. By the way, when I try to send a report of the error to Atril (as prompted by Deja vu X3), it is always unsuccessful. Have you set your system to receive those reports?
6. If you do get the source file to take a look, how quickly can you check it and come back with a solution? This is really an emergency.

Any further suggestions are welcome.

Best regards,
Pavel Tsvetkov

[Edited at 2015-04-22 14:23 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-04-22 14:24 GMT]
Collapse

Atril_TEAM
Atril_TEAM
France
Remote sess Apr 22, 2015

Hi Pavel,

Support received your email and the file.
We're conducting some tests right now, but for a quicker resolution please donwload and install Teamviewer.
Then, send us your ID and password and we'll connect to your machine.

Kind regards,
Etienne

Edit: we could import, pseudotranslate and export the file. Let us know when you are available for a remote session.

[Edited at 2015-04-22 15:49 GMT]

Pavel Tsvetkov
Bulgaria
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
Great work—thank you! Apr 22, 2015

Hi Etienne,

1. Problem solved! The MS Office 2007/2010 did the job, as you predicted. The file exported OK, and I have now sent it to the client!
2. I will keep in mind that it is a good idea to first pseudotranslate big/complex files and export them before starting real work on them, to make sure it will all work out OK in the end—thank you for the tip.

Once again, you did a great job!

Best regards,
Pavel Tsvetkov

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Same problem, same solution May 1, 2015

...just to let you (Atril and Pavel) know, that Pavel was not the only one experiencing the trouble. I had exactly the same file type of the same content (many figures), the same filter setting and I changed it accordingly as explained here. How sad that the "Live Filter" does not seem to work always. Any fixing in planning? Nevertheless, I was lucky finding the solution here

Best regards,
Matthias

ozkariaz
ozkariaz
English to Spanish
Same issue without solution Dec 17, 2016

Help please. I have this same issue with the "Object variable..." message. I can see Mr. Pavel Tsvetkov was able to solve the problem. Can you please explain to me how exactly I solve this?

Pavel Tsvetkov
Bulgaria
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
Several Options Dec 17, 2016

Hi Ozkariaz,

1. Send your project to the TM, so that you know you have your latest translations.
2. Open the original client sent file in Word and save it as *.rtf, then import it in Deja vu in the same project for translation, using the legacy/classic Word filter.
3. Pretranslate with the same TM. Translate the few segments that were left untranslated, because of different segmentation.
4. Try to export and report here.

Best regards,
Pavel
... See more
Hi Ozkariaz,

1. Send your project to the TM, so that you know you have your latest translations.
2. Open the original client sent file in Word and save it as *.rtf, then import it in Deja vu in the same project for translation, using the legacy/classic Word filter.
3. Pretranslate with the same TM. Translate the few segments that were left untranslated, because of different segmentation.
4. Try to export and report here.

Best regards,
Pavel

[Edited at 2016-12-18 00:20 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Object variable or With block variable not set

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »