Jessicaliu
Jessicaliu  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 01:20
Chinese to English
+ ...
Nov 16, 2016

Hi All,

I have two files, i just want difference between two file in percentage. The file format is PDF (can be converted to Word).

I remember that Trados 2007 can compare two files with an empty TM and show the results in percentage, e.g., 100%, 99-70%, and no match.

But the tool is not commercially available now.

Regards,

Jessica

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 19:20
Italian to German
+ ...
You mean file leverage, not file comparison I think Nov 29, 2016

What you mean with the percentiles in Trados is file *leverage* : It's a file analysis to retrieve repetitions of phrases (segments) and even internal repetitions of expressions. Trados and most other CAT tools have this sort of feature. In the current Trados Studio you can toggle percentages, segments and words shown.

Comparing 2 files for their content is out of scope for a CAT tool.
MS-Word has this feature in the Office 2015 version (and probably before). Personally and a
... See more
What you mean with the percentiles in Trados is file *leverage* : It's a file analysis to retrieve repetitions of phrases (segments) and even internal repetitions of expressions. Trados and most other CAT tools have this sort of feature. In the current Trados Studio you can toggle percentages, segments and words shown.

Comparing 2 files for their content is out of scope for a CAT tool.
MS-Word has this feature in the Office 2015 version (and probably before). Personally and also for better results, I use a good text editor like UltraEdit.

Greets,
Mike
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

File Comparison

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »