How to transfer your license to another computer?
Thread poster: CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 15:07
Apr 10, 2017

Laurence Rapaille wrote:

Do I now need to buy a new full license (and losing, therefore, the one I got in November) or could I transfer the license from one computer to the other? I use now the old Mac for basic tasks and don't use it anymore for translating.

Hello Laurence,

If you would be using CafeTran via the Proz Plus Package, you could simply log in on the new Windows computer:

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 22.26.40

You say that you've received a license file in November. In that case, you'll have to request a new one for your Windows computer–since the license is tied to your computer:

• Help > About > Copy System ID.
  • Send an e-mail with the System ID to [email protected].
  • Once you've received a new license, install it via Help > About > Import new license file.

You're entitled to a free license until November 2017, if you've paid the license fee for one year (AKA Annual Subscription plan).

See here for all licensing information:

https://www.cafetran.com/get-cafetran/

Lifeng Yang (X)
Lifeng Yang (X)  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:07
English to Chinese
+ ...
On my new PC, because old PC's hard disk failed Sep 13, 2017

On new PC

I connected CafeTran to ProZ several weeks ago, on my old PC. But then hard disk of that PC failed.

Now I work on a new PC and Today I installed CafeTran on this PC, when I try to connect CafeTran to ProZ, the "ProZ.com - Authorization" dialog box is blank. No text field, no textbox, nothing displayed.

How to solve this problem? Thank you.

[Edited at 2017-09-13 03:12 GMT]

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Slow Internet connection Sep 13, 2017

Please check if your new PC has the Internet access. Also, if your Internet connection is slow, you may need to wait a little longer until the ProZ.com authorization web page is loaded and displayed.

Lifeng Yang (X)
Lifeng Yang (X)  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:07
English to Chinese
+ ...
Very funny Sep 13, 2017

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

Please check if your new PC has the Internet access. Also, if your Internet connection is slow, you may need to wait a little longer until the ProZ.com authorization web page is loaded and displayed.

I don't have Internet access problem, because I replied under this thread.

Very disappointed about this stupid "support thread". A waste of my time.

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Another device Sep 13, 2017

You might have answered to this thread from another device (e.g a cell phone, tablet etc.). That is why I suggested checking the Internet connection on your new PC.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to transfer your license to another computer?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »