Marcos Zattar
Germany
Local time: 18:28
Member (2007)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 4, 2017

Hello!

I used LF Aligner to align Word files and now I am trying to import the TMX to crossTank with the TMX alignment specific field (which can assume the values "yes" or "no"). I tried several import options, none has worked. I even tried the strategy of importing the label "Alignment" as creationid, but it also did not work, Across uses the user label "Standard Supervisor".

All I need from Across is that it applies a penalty to aligned contents. How can I accomplish
... See more
Hello!

I used LF Aligner to align Word files and now I am trying to import the TMX to crossTank with the TMX alignment specific field (which can assume the values "yes" or "no"). I tried several import options, none has worked. I even tried the strategy of importing the label "Alignment" as creationid, but it also did not work, Across uses the user label "Standard Supervisor".

All I need from Across is that it applies a penalty to aligned contents. How can I accomplish this without having to resort to the in-built alignment module in Across?

I would appreciate any hints!
Collapse

AAV
AAV
Local time: 00:28
Use mapping at TMX import Jul 5, 2017

Hi Marcos,

pay attention to pages of TMX Import wizard, where mappings are done.
You need to map your label to "State" and it's value to "Aligned". After that, you can set a penalty for state "aligned".

Marcos Zattar
Marcos Zattar
Germany
Member (2007)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Attribute not available Jul 5, 2017

Yesterday I tried the attribute Status = aligned. It does not show in the import wizard.

State is also unavailable. I even tried saving new system attributes in the system configuration.

The instructions manual does not help either.

Would you be willing to do a TeamViewer session with me?

Vorchuchelo
Vorchuchelo
Russian Federation
TeamViewer session? Jul 7, 2017

Why not to contact Across Support?

Marcos Zattar
Marcos Zattar
Germany
Member (2007)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Support Jul 7, 2017

Vorchuchelo wrote:

Why not to contact Across Support?

I already did it, still no answer after days.

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Complicated Jul 7, 2017

Why not just set up a new TM and apply the penalty to the whole TM manually instead of trying to set up an automatic penalty for aligned segments? Is it important for you to create "mixed" TMs?

Marcos Zattar
Marcos Zattar
Germany
Member (2007)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
crossTank vs. TM (other tools) Jul 7, 2017

FarkasAndras wrote:

Why not just set up a new TM and apply the penalty to the whole TM manually instead of trying to set up an automatic penalty for aligned segments? Is it important for you to create "mixed" TMs?

Across does not have TMs as we know them in other tools. crossTank is a big "TM" where segments are sorted through various criteria.

Marcos Zattar
Marcos Zattar
Germany
Member (2007)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Jul 7, 2017

Across' support just got in touch with me and cleared things up: the Basic version – which is the one I use – does not allow for setting the attribute Status to "aligned" during TMX import to crossTank.

The Server version allows this setting, though! Since my client has the server version and he is the one who will import the contents to his installation, this is not a problem anymore. This issue is solved (although for future needs the issue will still not be solved for sing
... See more
Across' support just got in touch with me and cleared things up: the Basic version – which is the one I use – does not allow for setting the attribute Status to "aligned" during TMX import to crossTank.

The Server version allows this setting, though! Since my client has the server version and he is the one who will import the contents to his installation, this is not a problem anymore. This issue is solved (although for future needs the issue will still not be solved for single users of the basic version).

I thank you all for the help and suggestions! Have a good weekend!
Collapse

Vorchuchelo
Vorchuchelo
Russian Federation
Misunderstanding Jul 12, 2017

Marcos Zattar wrote:
the Basic version – which is the one I use – does not allow for setting the attribute Status to "aligned" during TMX import to crossTank

It is not true. Looks like complete misunderstanding between you and Support.

What is possible to be configured by your customer about your TM is to
- restrict you to use your own TM (not restricted by default) and to
- prevent you from keeping the results of translation at your side (allowed by default).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Penalty – TMX generated by external aligner

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »